Some fun moments peppered throughout (guess what, most are in the trailer), but overall a messy jumble of tired tropes and flat meta-jokes. Comes off more as a commoditised product than an authentic movie, showing more concern with being like, soo ironic!? than with actually developing a coherent storyline or characters.
About star ratings
My ratings are subjective. I’m not aiming for a perfect ranking of comparative artistic merit, just trying to represent how I feel about stuff. Here’s what they mean:
- Personal favorite. I simply love it, warts and all.
- Something special. Highly recommended.
- Good, but unremarkable. I’ll probably forget about it.
- A waste of time. Not recommended.
- Practically insulting. Soulless garbage. (Rare!)