Brilliant in mechanics and narrative. Absolutely fantastic soundtrack. Got a bit too high on its own supply at the end there, which left me somewhat emotionally detached. That disconnect might just have been due to expectations, though: I was anticipating a more adult-ish, less “anime” overarching feeling. But I guess anime is real.
About star ratings
My ratings are subjective. I’m not aiming for a perfect ranking of comparative artistic merit, just trying to represent how I feel about stuff. Here’s what they mean:
- Personal favorite. I simply love it, warts and all.
- Something special. Highly recommended.
- Good, but unremarkable. I’ll probably forget about it.
- A waste of time. Not recommended.
- Practically insulting. Soulless garbage. (Rare!)