Felt rushed and incomplete. The interview with Billy McFarland did not really add much depth, and several of the more interesting people featured in the Netflix documentary were missing altogether. The poorly-edited-in internet memes and patronizing attitude detracted from the experience and eroded the point being made. Meh.
About star ratings
My ratings are subjective. I’m not aiming for a perfect ranking of comparative artistic merit, just trying to represent how I feel about stuff. Here’s what they mean:
- Personal favorite. I simply love it, warts and all.
- Something special. Highly recommended.
- Good, but unremarkable. I’ll probably forget about it.
- A waste of time. Not recommended.
- Practically insulting. Soulless garbage. (Rare!)