It might be a case of too much of a good thing, but I was not as entranced by this one as I was with the others. It might have benefited from a bit more breathing room around the mayhem, more of an emotional connection to its origins, maybe even (dare I say it?) a little less violence. It is spectacular, but numbingly so.
About star ratings
My ratings are subjective. I’m not aiming for a perfect ranking of comparative artistic merit, just trying to represent how I feel about stuff. Here’s what they mean:
- Personal favorite. I simply love it, warts and all.
- Something special. Highly recommended.
- Good, but unremarkable. I’ll probably forget about it.
- A waste of time. Not recommended.
- Practically insulting. Soulless garbage. (Rare!)